Filed under: Acid, Electro, Electro Rock, House, Tech House, Techno | Tags: Adam Freeland, Adam Sky, Birdy Nam Nam, Boys Noize, Brodinski, D.I.M., Dada Attack, Daft Punk, David Rubato, DJ Mehdi, Djedjotronic, Green Velvet, Housemeister, Jesse Rose, Mercury, Radioclit, Sebo Sebo, Simian Mobile Disco, Solo, Soulwax, Style of Eye, The Chemical Brothers, The Faint, Tiga, VV Brown, Zombie Disco Squad, Zombie Nation, Zoo Brazil
It usually takes about a week, to conceptualise/get inspired, program the tracks plus about 5-6 tries of going at it and tighthening things up. Seems like I’m on a roll lately, do enjoy.
01. Boys Noize – Jeffer
02. Zoo Brazil and Adam Sky – Circle Jerk
03. Simian Mobile Disco – Hustler (Jesse Rose Remix)
04. Tiga – Shoes (Green Velvet Remix)
05. VV Brown – Shark In The Water (Zombie Disco Squad Remix)
06. Housemeister – Who Is That Boys
07. Solo – Afreaka
08. Tiga – Overtime
09. The Chemical Brothers – Hey Boy, Hey Girl (Soulwax Remix)
10. Birdy Nam Nam – Worried (Djedjotronic Remix)
11. Daft Punk – Oh Yeah
12. Dada Attack – Clearly Imply
13. Radioclit – Divine Gosa (Brodinski Remix)
14. Adam Freeland – Under Control (Zombie Nation Remix)
15. Style of Eye – Girls
16. The Faint – The Geeks Were Right (Boys Noize VS. D.I.M. Remix)
17. DJ Mehdi – Tunisia Bambaataa (Mercury Remix)
18. David Rubato – Circuit
Filed under: Breatbeat, Club, Electro, Electro Rock, Fidget House, French Electro, Ghetto Tech, Grime, Hip Hop, House, Italo, Krautrock, Kuduro, Kwaito, Mash-Ups, Minimal, Mixtapes, New Wave, Progressive House, Synth Pop, Tech House, Techno | Tags: Boys Noize, DJ Mehdi, Dubfire, Duke Dumont, Eine Kleine Nacht Musik, Joakim, Late of the Pier, Minilogue, Mujava, Mystery Jets, Patrice Baumel, Popof, Simian Mobile Disco, Tiga, Top 10 2008, Zyntherius
Greetings! Happiest of New Years to everyone who’ve been popping by once in awhile since this blog started somewhere during September. As of this moment, there have been 2100 clicks in the space of 3 months. I am very happy with the statistics, but most of all, I’ve been really stoked at having the opportunity to share these music that I like to everyone round the world.
Every year round this time, music bloggers all over the world would lose a whole lotta hair stressing themselves to come up with their own top 10 lists. Many people would not see the point cause almost everyone’s doing it, but I’d be doing it too because it will put a good fullstop to this great year and then have a firm reminder of songs that I’ve played over and over and over during 2008. So here it is.
Monkeyclapeducation’s 10 Best of 2008
10. Simian Mobile Disco – Run
In collabo with Nike and I’ve mentioned that it sounds really like Kraftwerk’s Tour De France, caught them this year (very happy to see them) and I went nuts when they played this one nearing the end of the set.
09. Patrice Baumel – Roar
Roar is like the best ever DJ Tool ever made. When this song’s up, I’d take a break from the banging kick drums and then close my eyes to hear it. Sometimes it sounds like trains, sometimes it sounds like V12 Engine, but it always sounds very damn good!
08. Eine Kleine Nacht Musik – La Serenissima
Riton is so underrated! And I’m dying to see his Eine Kleine Nacht Musik project get big. It will teach kids these days about every intricasy of krautrock, what made it sounds so smooth. La Serenissima has all of it.
Get it here.
07. Dj Mujava – Township Funk
Various DJs with who toured Africa regularly has been playing this one ever since 07. However, it only got released by Warp and got big in the UK this year. Been playing it non stop ever since this got into my radar!
Click here for it.
06. Tiga & Zyntherius – Sunglasses at Night (Black Devil Disco Club Mix)
The original is so mysteriously kitschy, and new up and comers Black Devil turn it into acid disco! Tiga’s so big this year together with releases of Mind Dimension and Worm, and Black Devil is really gona make the headlines, matter of when.
05. Minilogue – Jamaica (Dubfire Remix)
This track is incredibly sick. Minimal house has never ever been this good! You have to listen to the whole damn 13 minutes and count the times you orgased.
Here it is.
04. Late of the Pier – Focker (Boys Noize Terror Remix)
We’re all very thankful to Late of the Pier for single handedly killing every new raver. The idea of being in a rock band is to not conform to layman knowledge and ideas of how things should sound and LotP totally defines this idea with their incredible album. With a little help from Alex Ridha, they’ve this legendary song.
03. Mystery Jets – Two Doors Down (Duke Dumont Reconstruction)
The most incredible breakdown of 2008. And mind you, 2008 sees many songs with very awesome breakdowns. This Duke Dumont remix of Mystery Jets (dropping by sunny lil Singapore for the next RSG) beats them all by a whole full notch.
02. Dj Mehdi – Pocket Piano (Joakim Berger Remix)
Simply stirs your stomach whenever this one is played in a club. You find yourself suddenly in tights holding ray guns like science fiction movies from the 80s.
I have it here.
01. Popof – The Chomper (LSD Version)
And finally! Popof is another DJ that’s grossly underated! Allow me to emphasize it again, Popof is immensely underrated! For me, he’s songs and skills are definately up at the level of Sasha’s and Richie Hawtin’s. If you’ve stumbled across this list in anyway and never heard of Popof before in your life. I urge you to please download and have a listen!
The 5 Other That Got Very Close
C’mon it’s insane to come up with just 10 songs with my shortlist having close to 60 songs, so here’s the 5 other that should’ve made it but didn’t.
Sebo Sebo’s 2008 Best Work
In no particular order, these 3 are my favourite of all the mixtapes I’ve concocted during ’08.
Here’s the first piece of news for 2009. Monkey Clap Education has been aggregated on Elbows, it feels pretty damn good actually, I’ve always been a big fan of Elbows and have been following the site since a few years ago to get updates from the good music blogs. Now that Monkey Clap’s on it, feels like I’m with the big boys now. Do stay tuned and subscribe to my rss, I hope to keep going at this pace next year, expect lots more! Once again, a very Happy New Year. Go easy on the booze tonight.
Filed under: Club, Electro, Electro Rock, French Electro, Hip Hop, House, Italo, Mixtapes, Synth Pop, Techno, Uncategorized | Tags: Aeroplane, Au Revoir Simone, Boys Noize, Das Glow, datA, DJ Mehdi, Erol Alkan, Franz Ferdinand, Friendly Fires, Grand Mariner, Heartsrevolution, Hercules & Love Affair, Joakim, Jokers of the Scene, Laidback Luke, Late of the Pier, Les Petits Pilous, MGMT, Pet Shop Boys, Proxy, Sebo Sebo, Serge Santiago, Shadow Dancer, Sunship, Switch, Tepr, Treasure Fingers, Vitalic, Yo! Majesty
Back with a bang bang bang! Sorry for the lack of Ravelicks for the past few weeks, if you’ve been following closely, thank you oh so much! So here’s the latest edition, took a change from hard raving bangers to a more melodic approach, listen for the smooth blends and breakdowns in this mixtape. Once again thanks many many, big love, smwauck smwauck!!!
01. Heartsrevolution – Ultraviolence (Les Petits Pilous Remix)
02. Shadow Dancer – Soap
03. Late of the Pier – Space and Woods (Switch Remix)
04. Franz Ferdinand – Do You Want To (Erol Alkan Glam Racket Remix)
05. Hercules & Love Affair – Blind (Serge Santiago Version)
06. Friendly Fires feat. Au Revoir Simone – Paris (Aeroplane Remix)
07. Treasure Fingers – Cross The Dancefloor (Laidback Luke Remix)
08. Tepr feat. Grand Mariner – Minuit Jacuzzi (datA Remix)
09. Yo! Majesty – Club Action (Sunship Remix Radio Edit)
10. Jokers of the Scene – Baggy Bottom Boys
11. Das Glow – Cathedrale
12. Vitalic – No Fun (Rework)
13. Boys Noize – Let’s Buy Happiness (Proxy Remix)
14. MGMT – Kids (Pet Shop Boys Abstrakt Mix)
15. DJ Mehdi – Pocket Piano (Joakim ‘Berger’ Remix)
p.s. dammmmnnnn, i just realised Ravelicks 9 is the anti-Aoki one :S see even I’ve lost count, so this should be Ravelicks 10 instead!!! (wooohooo, 1o’s the milestone!!!) i’ve already upped it in mediafire, so help me re-tag the title, and the next one would be 11. stay tuned!
Filed under: Minimal, Mixtapes, Progressive House, Tech House, Techno | Tags: Brodinski, Deadmau5, DJ Mehdi, Dusty Kid, Ellen Allien, Josh Wink, Plastikman, Popof, Richie Hawtin, Sebo Sebo, Style of Eye, Thomas Schumacher, Wippenberg
This week’s edition brings you very very intense tech sounds. Gona be ear splitting at many points, get ready for the speeds.
01. Josh Wink – Thick As Thieves
02. Dusty Kid – Black Reel
03. Style of Eye – Ona
04. DJ Mehdi – Pocket Piano (Brodinski Remix)
05. Thomas Schumacher – Rekorder
06. Popof – My Toyz (Minimal Version)
07. Popof – The Chomper (LSD Version)
08. Plastikman – Spastik
09. Wippenberg – Drumster
10. Ellen Allien – Magma
11. Deadmau5 – The Reward is Cheese/The Reward is More Cheese